Wednesday

Mark Pester (Texas), Mountain Biking in Marin

While out in Nor Cal I wanted to experience some mountain biking in the famous Marin County, birthplace of the sport. I was ready to ride Tamarancho and kick butt! Boy what a humbling experience when I was faced with the steepest, tightest switchbacks I've ever seen or attempted to ride right from the start. I was lucky to be riding with Celia whose experience and patience helped get me up (and down) the mountain.

Celia was able to teach me so much on our 3 hour tour of Tamarancho that I feel that when I return I can ride this area with much more confidence. Being a roadie who just recently decided to get back into mountain biking the knowledge gained from spending time with Celia will be put to good use as I practice on the limited trails I have back home.

Celia you are so fortunate to have such a beautiful area to ride right out of your back door. Thanks for sharing this with me and I look forward to returning and riding Tamarancho on my next trip out.

Visit Mountain Biking Marin for more information about tours and clinics.

No comments:

Post a Comment